Emily. 20. Wisconsinite. Beatle freak. Wes Anderson fan. Ukulele player. Passionate about things most peculiar. If I had a pocket full of fucks, I still wouldn't give one. Ask me things about anythings. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde moons rising
here’s what’s going to happen for the rest of the night
i’m going to make some sleepytime tea
i’m going to light a stick of superhit
i’m going to turn off all of the lights
i’m going to listen to bowie
i’m going to sleep
- eat chinese food.
- play ukulele.
- wash the henna out of my hair.
- take pictures of hair.
- burn mixes.
- write a song.
- burn incense.
- talk to some lovely people.
turn off all the lights
put on this flaming lips cd
sip my tea
over think things
and then, if i’m lucky, fall asleep
sleep in, make coffee, and put on some beatles.
sometimes i like to draw…
then i like to head down to milwaukee.
a lot of the time, i have a lot of trouble sleeping. i’ve tried a lot of pills and a lot of teas, but all i do is a lot of tossing and turning and a lot of sighing.
when i encounter nights such as these, i turn to music. certain songs hit something within me - they trigger some euphoric release of chemicals that sends my whole body reeling with tingles and goosebumps.
step one: turn out all the lights
step two: put on headphones. i can’t stand earbuds; i much prefer my big, puffy headphones for everyday listening, but for the ecstasy-triggering purpose, i use earbuds.
step three: pick a song you know will induce chills. a short list has been provided of ones that have most currently worked for me.
- Goodnight Moon by Go Radio
- Bad by The Cab
- I’m So Tired by The Beatles
- Oh Darling! by The Beatles
- Hold Me Tight by The Beatles
- Please Mr. Postman by The Beatles
- Blackout by Breathe Carolina
- Dead! by My Chemical Romance
- Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
- Don’t Wake Me Up by The Hush Sound
- We Are Young by fun.
- Don’t Think Twice covered by Peter, Paul & Mary
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More “Touch Me” by Fall Out Boy
- Drive By by Train
- Blue Dress by Walk the Moon
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
- Trade Mistakes by Panic! at the Disco
step four: lay on your back
step five: close your eyes
step six: turn up the volume
step seven: clear your mind.
step eight: hit play
step nine: keep your mind cleared. for whatever reason, if i focus on the bass or harmonies in the song, it yields more powerful results. i kind of try to wedge myself between all of the chaos and notes in the song.
step ten: revel in goose-bumpy, tingly goodness.
after the song is finished, i either repeat the whole process or i’m worn out and relaxed enough to fall asleep. try it and let me know how it goes! :D
and…the domo. the pink, fuzzy domo that reminds me of those sno-ball little debbie cake things that natalie won for me at the fair.